Mushroom Hunt at Killruddery House with Bill O’Dea from Mushroomstuff
Hunt and forage on the Killruddery Estate with Ireland’s premier mycophagist, Bill O’Dea. Bill and his team will start with an introductory session. This is followed by a Mushroom Hunt on the Estate. Once you have gathered mushrooms, you’ll return to base and take part in cooking your findings. Then, you get to sample your delights.
Includes lunch and coffee/tea and scones on arrival.
- 9.30-10 am Meet at the venue. Tea, coffee and scones provided.
- 10.00 am Introduction to Mushroom Hunting and the Wonderful World if Fungi – Bill O’Dea
- 11.00 am Pick and identify mushrooms
- 1.30 pm Lunch and cooking of some of the edible wild mushrooms
- After lunch Mushroom identification workshop. We would expect to identify 50 plus different types of mushrooms with the emphasis being on edibles.
- 4.00 pm approx Finish.
For bookings of multiple people, you have an option to add the names/emails of others as a note as you checkout. We check names against the booking list on the day. It is not essential to list all the names in your group as we can just use the primary person as the point of contact.
Tickets are €90.00 and can be booked here.
If you have any issues with payment/checkout then please contact us at email@example.com .
Bill O’Dea is a passionate Irish mycophagist who has been running mushroom hunts in Ireland and abroad since 1996. He also speaks internationally at Mushroom festivals in Spain, France, and Turkey.
His hunts in Ireland have been covered and recommended by RTÉ TV (Corrigan knows food, Nationwide, Living the Wildlife, Neven Maguire), TV3, TG4, Irish Times, Irish Independent, Examiner, Sunday Independent, RTÉ 1 Radio (Morning Ireland, Mooney goes wild, ), Sunday Business Post (Ross Golden Bannon top ten events of the year), Food and Wine magazine, and others.
Read more about Mushroomstuff here.