Treat your tastebuds and set your sights on Wicklow Naturally’s October Feast, which returns for 2022Wicklow Naturally
Wicklow Naturally’s October Feast is a month-long celebration of Wicklow’s food and drinks story, including farming, foraging, brewing, distilling, and much more.
The popular festival celebrates Wicklow’s thriving food and drinks scene. Throughout the month, Wicklow Naturally members’ will showcase their range of products, diverse experiences and numerous interactive events.
October Feast was launched on Saturday, October 1st 2022 at Powerscourt Distillery during their Harvest Festival.
At the launch Wicklow Naturally’s Chairperson, Pamela Walsh, said, “Wicklow has an abundance of world-class local food and drink producers and this October Feast is bursting with flavour with over 40+ events. We have developed an unforgettable, engaging, inclusive, memorable events programme for festival-goers to enjoy.”
Treat your tastebuds and set your sights on these amazing events… From hands-on masterclasses, learning about our farm-family sustainable stories, taking some of the country’s best distillery, beer, and wine tasting tours, to cooking demonstrations, meeting the maker and heading out on guided foraging and mushroom hunts.
You can also enjoy a taste of Wicklow Naturally as eatery members throughout the county showcase the finest Wicklow produce in their seasonal menus.
The network will also hold food waste, food poverty and environmental awareness initiatives.
Cathaoirleach of Wicklow County Council, Cllr Tommy Annesley, said, “Wicklow County Council is delighted to be supporting October Feast. The Wicklow Naturally team and its members have the perfect mix of experiences in 2022, so why not explore, discover and get involved in the many events planned across County Wicklow this October by heading over to https://wicklownaturally.ie/events/.”
Be sure to stay up to date with the latest event news by following Wicklow Naturally on social media: https://www.facebook.com/WicklowNaturally/, https://twitter.com/WicklowNatural1, or https://www.instagram.com/wicklownaturally/.
About October Feast
October Feast is about telling the story of Wicklow Naturally’s members, promoting sustainability messages, letting people know what we do and showcasing the beautiful food and drink products from County Wicklow.
October Feast is supported by Wicklow County Council, County Wicklow Partnership, LEADER Programme, Wicklow Local Enterprise Office and Fáilte Ireland.
October Feast events 2022 at a glance…
This year’s October Feast has something for everyone. There are 40+ unique events to tantalise the tastebuds. The full event programme is available on our event page at https://wicklownaturally.ie/events/.
Here are some of the highlights:
Meet the Makers
You can ‘Meet the Makers’, taste their delicious range and get some great recipe ideas every Friday throughout October from 12 noon to 2 pm at Gallagher’s SuperValu Wicklow. The exciting schedule includes Sussed / Wicklow Rapeseed Oil on October 7th, Old MacDonnell’s Farm on October 14th, Mic’s Chilli on October 21st and Le Paysan on October 28th.
Enjoy a taste of Wicklow Naturally
Enjoy a taste of Wicklow as Wicklow Naturally eatery members throughout the county showcase the finest Wicklow produce in their seasonal menus. There are numerous dining experiences to tantalise your taste buds, including BrookLodge & Macreddin Village, Mickey Finn’s Pub and Restaurant, Sorrel & Eve and Goldmines Bistro at Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge.
Have a culinary adventure
Have an unforgettable culinary adventure with our bespoke food and drink producers’ tours of County Wicklow, which include:
- An Tairseach Farm to Fork Tour & Dinner on Friday, October 14th
- Farm to Fork Tour on Wednesday, October 19th – SOLD OUT
- International Culinary Professionals and Academics Farm to Fork Tour Wednesday, October 19th & Thursday, October 20th – SOLD OUT
Enjoy a drink and have a learning experience with one of the many Wicklow Naturally drink producers as they give behind-the-scenes access to their businesses. They include:
- Móinéir Wine Tasting and Winery Tour on Saturday, October 15th
- Wicklow Brewery Tour combined with Food & Beer Paring Deluxe Menu on Saturday, October 15th
- Wicklow Wolf Brewery Tour & Tasting on Tuesday, October 20th
Forage for tasty ingredients
Wicklow Naturally forager members Hips and Haws Wildcrafts, Mushroomstuff and Wicklow Wild Foods will host several tours during October Feast to teach attendees how to forage for food in County Wicklow.
Why not join a member of the Wicklow Naturally network and the County Wicklow Library service as they host several of talks about stopping food waste?
The talks are aimed to give attendees all the info and tips they need to make the most of their food, cut down on waste, and break down those barriers that prevent them from being creative in the kitchen. This event is open to all ages and no registration is required.
The free series of library talks will take place every Tuesday throughout October at 7 pm.
Library Talks Schedule
- Bray Library – Date TBC
- Arklow Library – Tuesday, October 11th
- Blessington Library – Tuesday, October 18th
- Dunlavin Library – Tuesday, October 25th
- Wicklow Town Library – Date TBC
Wicklow Naturally Indoor Market
Take home a taste of Wicklow from our exclusive Wicklow Naturally Market for October Feast. There will be a fabulous range of Wicklow Naturally produce to buy. The Market will be open from 10 am to 4 pm at Healthy Habits in Wicklow Town on Saturday, October 28th.
October Feast Student Challenge
This year Wicklow Naturally is once again running its October Feast Schools Challenge. There are two categories which consist of Transition Year students and the other is for fifth and sixth-class students from primary school.
Transition Year Students Challenge
Transition year students are invited to design a 3-course menu using only ingredients produced or made in Co. Wicklow.
Primary School Challenge (5th & 6th Class)
Fifth and sixth-class students are invited to create a school lunch item using only Wicklow products.
Two students from each of the category winners will represent their school at the Taste of Wicklow 2023 where they will recreate their 3-course menu/lunch item with assistance from a surprise celebrity chef.
Entries can be submitted using the below form:
The competition closes on October, 31st 2022. For terms see below.
Enter our October Feast Photography Competition & be in with a chance to win a fantastic prize!
Enter our October Feast Photography Competition & be in with a chance to win two tickets on one of our Farm to Fork Trails!
Simply attend a Wicklow Naturally October Feast event and share a photo on social media using the hashtag #OctoberFeast for a chance to win this fantastic prize. The competition closes on October, 31st 2022. For terms see below.
Places are limited on tours and selected events. Tickets can be booked by visiting our event page at https://wicklownaturally.ie/events/. To book a dining experience at any of our members’ eateries, please contact the hotel or restaurant directly. All events are subject to change without notice and may be dependant on weather.
October Feast will be supported by a radio and social media campaign.
Campaign taglines – ‘Feed your appetite with Wicklow Naturally’s October Feast.’
Join the conversation – Campaign hashtags are #OctoberFeast #FeedYourAppetite #WicklowNaturally
About Wicklow Naturally
Wicklow Naturally is the single promotional voice that tells the story of food and drink produced in County Wicklow. It is a brand created to celebrate the food and drink producers who work hard to deliver high-quality products to consumers through the hospitality sector, retail, food and drink events and essential tourism events.
Latest News – You can learn more about our members’ stories here and by following us on social media: https://www.facebook.com/WicklowNaturally/, https://twitter.com/WicklowNatural1, or https://www.instagram.com/wicklownaturally/.
These are terms and conditions which are applicable for all Wicklow Naturally competitions:
- Wicklow Naturally decision in relation to the selection of prize winner(s) is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of a competition the decision of Wicklow Naturally will be final.
- Wicklow Naturally competitions are not open to any of the Wicklow Naturally family, or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- In some cases, there will no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The closing date for entry is published on our website or on a social media post. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Wicklow Naturally reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Wicklow Naturally.
- Wicklow Naturally is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random by software from all entries received and verified by Wicklow Naturally.
- The winner will be notified by either a social media post, on our website or email within 2 / 3 working days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within the given time frame, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Winner(s) announcements will be made in a public social media posting through our Facebook and Twitter profiles. We will NOT direct message or tag any winner(s) on Facebook. We may tag the winner(s) that have entered on Twitter as this is currently permitted.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to check our social media sites, and our website for winner(s) announcements.
- The winner(s) must claim the prize by directly mailing us on Facebook, Twitter or by email and within the given time frame.
- Prizes not claimed within the specified time limit will be deemed to have been forfeited and Wicklow Naturally may dispose of such prizes without any liability to the winner.
- Wicklow Naturally will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- Wicklow Naturally will require your full name, address and email address in order to post the prize or to email you about the competition prize i.e. online voucher or tickets.
- We may share your contact details with our competition partners in order for them to honour/fulfil the competition prize i.e. post or email you on the prize – online voucher or tickets directly with you.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Irish data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Any person found to be in disregard these rules will be disqualified automatically.
- You must be over 18 to enter.
- Wicklow Naturally reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion.
- For photo competitions: All submitted images must be the entrant’s original work and must not have been published elsewhere or by someone else. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that each submitted image does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- For photo or colouring competitions: The copyright of all submitted images for this competition belongs to the respective participant. However, by entering the competition, the participant grants Wicklow Naturally Team a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit the images in the media, on our website and social media channels.
- Wicklow Naturally’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Wicklow Naturally fully respects your right to privacy in relation to your interactions with us. Any information which you send to us will be treated with the highest standard of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Law.